College Information & Visits
College Visits are a must! If you cannot physically visit the campus, most colleges offer virtual tours, or you can schedule a phone call with a recruiter or other admissions representatives. It's important to get a good feel for the school to know if it is the right fit for you. Below are some things to consider when visiting a campus either virtually or in person.
1. Does the school offer your major?
2. What special programs are offered? Honors, study abroad, learning communities, freshman experience, internship?
3. What types of support services like tutoring programs, writing centers, and counseling and career centers are available?
4. What is student life like on campus? What organized events and opportunities are available for recreation?
5. Read publications on campus and scan bulletin boards to see what daily life is like.
6. Ask about financial aid and scholarships.
7. Talk to students on campus. Ask them why they chose the school and what they like about the school.
Register for Campus Tours